What is ladder in sports betting
All about the "ladder" - the most popular gaming strategy among beginners in sports betting and not only. The idea of the strategy is not new, but it has many modifications and features. Today we will discuss in what situations it is appropriate to play this model, as well as give some useful tips on using the ladder in your betting arsenal.
What is the essence of "ladders"
A relatively small amount of money is allocated for the strategy and consequently all-in is put in for several outcomes in a row. The outcomes should be as passable as possible, respectively, low odds are allowed here. We will discuss their optimal size below.
Using this simple system, you can very well multiply your starting bank, turning a couple of hundred into a five-digit amount in just a day. But it should be very lucky, because, in fact, the "ladder" is the same express from a large number of cars, only slightly stretched in time. The chances of reaching a “ladder” of ten steps with an average coefficient of 1.30 are only 7%. That is, on average, only one out of fourteen will enter the distance.
How to calculate the probability of a ladder passing
It’s very simple. First, we divide one hundred percent by the average odds that we plan to play. Let's say 1.25. 100% / 1.25 = 80%. Next, we raise 80% to the power corresponding to the planned number of steps. For example, five. 80% x80% x80% x80% x80% = 32.77%. This will be the approximate probability of a successful passage of our ladder. Well, the total winnings will depend on the size of the initial bet.
Example of a "ladder"
We have 500 rubles and we decide to play "ladder". We are betting the full amount that Blackburn Rovers will not lose at home to Derby County at 1.32 odds.
If the bet passes, then we receive a payment of 660 rubles. We take this entire amount and wager on the next outcome. For example, for “under 2.5 goals total” in the match between Coventry City and Cardiff City.
The teams diverge in a world 1: 1 and we have 1135 rubles and 20 kopecks on our account. We choose a new outcome and put the entire amount in the account on it again.
“Reading” confidently wins at a party and the payout at the rate is already more than 1646 rubles ... this cycle can be repeated indefinitely (or, more likely, until the loss), but I think you have already grasped the essence.
Who is the ladder suitable for?
This system will suit absolutely everyone, regardless of whether you are a beginner player or a bored pro. It is very easy to understand and does not require deep knowledge of sports and betting. The main purpose of the ladder is entertainment, and it does an excellent job for this purpose.
Any bookmaker's office, any sports (football, basketball, tennis, hockey, but even cricket) and any markets (total odds, outcomes, statistics).
You shouldn't take it too seriously, ladders are not about correct betting. If you have only a few hundred rubles in your account, then this strategy is probably the best you can think of to use them.
Even if you have an impressive pot, you can play this strategy, allocating only a small part of him, for example, 0.5-1%. But still, with a large bankroll, it is better to play on a permanent basis with static bank distribution systems.
Tips for playing the “ladder”
The most important thing in this strategy is to determine in advance the ultimate goal of the enterprise. This can be a given number of steps, after which the ladder closes. Or maybe a specific amount of money you want to receive.
It is important not to be greedy for this purpose. It is better to win small ladders of 5-7 steps more often than to regularly break down on the ninth or twelfth step. If you have reached the goal, immediately close the ladder. You can open a new one if you want, but fix the winnings for this.
Also, do not be greedy with the odds, you drive quieter - you will continue. In general, you can play any quotes, it all depends on your willingness to take risks. But still, the optimal size of the coefficients for the ladder is 1.30-1.35 - this is a probability of about 75-80%.
It is permissible to play increased odds on the first two steps, but then you need to go down to the most probable outcomes. Super-low odds like 1.01-1.15 are also not worth flirting with - the profit there is scanty, and the chances of losing are always present even with such bets.
The next recommendation concerns the selection of outcomes for the ladder. Ideally, of course, fumble in sports and be able to assess the probabilities of outcomes well. This will allow you to avoid bookmaker traps and place only super probable options with 90% + traffic. But, in principle, it is also appropriate to play simply by the odds, choosing the appropriate values.
Outcomes that are well suited for playing with a ladder:
- Bet on “both scores” in hockey games. The coefficient there, as a rule, is very low, but you can get decent quotes in live. At the same time, the permeability of this rate is very high.
- Bets on huge profitable handicaps for underdogs in basketball. In live, if the favorite takes a decent lead, you can simply take a space handicap of 20, 30 or even more points for an outsider. Most often, the outsider holds such handicaps.
- Betting on “no goal in the first 15 minutes” in football. This is a very likely market, because according to statistics, in the first fifteen minutes, goals happen only in 10% of matches. Moreover, the coefficients there are very suitable for ladders - 1.30-1.40.
- Bets on the goal of the favorite team in the match. As a rule, by the tenth minute of the match, the odds for the favorite's goal will grow to the optimal value of 1.30, and the probability of this goal will be at least 90%.
In general, it is very good to play ladders in live. There are plenty of suitable quotes, and you can wrap funds very quickly. In the prematch, you will have to wait until the event starts, then until the chosen outcome passes, and in live the next payout can be received in five minutes.
For example, on tennis in live, you can bet at least for every point in the game, and the probability point (and game) gain is very large if the player has a good serve. But here one cannot do without a subtle understanding of sports, experience is needed.
Varieties of ladders
In addition to the fact that this system has other names - “roll forward”, “tank attack”, “hog”, “snowball”, “acceleration”, “vertical express” - the ladder has variations and modifications.
Let's consider the most popular ones:
- Win-win ladder. The point is to withdraw the original stake after winning the first steps. That is, you go through two steps, remove the initial bet amount, and continue the ladder for the remaining money. You will remain in the red only if you lose in the first two steps, but the probability of this is less than 40% with odds of about 1.30.
- Reserve fund. The essence of this betting strategy is to set aside a certain portion of the winnings, say 10 or 15 percent from each step. The accumulated money can be spent on the next ladder, and if the goal is achieved, simply add to the total winnings.
- Wild boars. This betting system is suitable for those who do not have a couple of hundred on their account, but a little more. The bank is divided into several equal parts - it doesn't matter how many, three, five or ten. Further, a separate ladder with unique bets is launched for each part. It is very important that the outcomes in different ladders are not repeated. Then you will immediately get three (five, ten) chances of successful completion of the enterprise.
“Ladder” is an interesting entertaining betting system suitable for bettors of any skill level, including the very beginning. It allows you to get a sea of adrenaline and vivid emotions at a relatively low price - the equivalent of the first bet. Yes, and it can be withdrawn after two or three steps, continuing to play with the money already won.
If you take into account all our recommendations for playing the ladder, then you will have a good chance of completing all the steps relatively often and making additional profit from betting on sports.